We’re meeting on the South Side of the Western part of the Square in Waterford. Address is _about_ 30 S Park Row, Waterford, PA. Google doesn’t like it because there’s no house there, but that’s what it is. Just go to the traffic light on Rt 19 in Waterford (seriously – 1 traffic light) and turn right (left if you’re headed north) and you’ll be there.
Our courses are
5.15 miles and 3.31 miles.
A fair portion of the course is on dirt roads, and the return is on Old State Rd, which has a couple of semi-blind curves. So strollers and dogs may not be a good idea unless you want to do an out & back on Sedgwick Road (which is a good course itself.)
All are welcome.
So I have the Events calendar running for TNRL. I have Tuesdays through June 9th set up. (Click the “Events” link up above).
Given that I want other folks to recommend venues and have input, I’ve purchased the community events plugin, which will allow others to submit events as well.
Long term, this is the solution for ERC’s Community Events calendar as well. I’ll finally be able to let others submit their own events, links, etc.
You’ll need a WordPress account (not hard to set up), but that’s a small price to pay. I’ve had a LOT of comment spam already, and I’ll do everything I can to reduce spam to a minimum so we get good content on our sites.
Tonight will be a pleasant run around Lake Pleasant. It’s 4.3 miles on a combination of paved and dirt roads. There will probably be gnats and sweat involved. And water, both in the lake & in bottles. Speaking of bottles…
So run around a lake. Or stay home and do something productive.
Map / directions
Edit – add the map!
I’ve been asked a few questions, so I’m going to add a FAQ page.
- Who can come?
- Anyone is welcome to show up & run.
- How fast is it run?
- As fast as you want to run. Or as slow.
- What does it cost?
- In general, nothing. If you want to bring refreshments, you’re welcome to. You are NOT required to.
- Sometimes, there will be a “real” race (with registration and everything). If you want to participate in the “real” race, it will cost. Otherwise, no charge.
- What time does it start?
- All TNRL sessions start at 7:00 pm unless otherwise noted.
- Typically, special starts will be announced for the first of the season, at the end of the season, and “special” events, such as picnics or parties.
Ask more questions. I’ll add them to the FAQ.
The location to meet is the parking lot closest to the amphitheater – by the play ground. Google Maps (click here). This gives us a little extra distance for the 3 mile course.
We have a ~3 mile course that runs around Frontier park (click here).
We have a ~5.5 mile course that runs around Frontier & back around the dock (click here).
At the first race (Thanks Jan & Mike!), we hashed out some of the courses. Courses that were well liked, and courses that were less than optimal. We took time of year into account and chose not to do some of them until summer time. We also want to promote some summertime races by previewing the course the Tuesday before (if possible.)
So, without further ado, here we go:
- April 28th – Liberty Park (Bayfront west)
- May 5 – A pleasant run around Lake Pleasant
- May 12 – Waterford West (West side of the square)
- May 19 – Fred’s POd run (Evenoff home base) (Jim out of town)
- May 26 – Elk Creek Inn – and good food, afta.
- June 2 – Albion – Runnin’ down a dirt road.
And if anyone knows how to throw an interactive calendar on a WordPress site, I’m all ears.
First TNRL of the 2015 season will be hosted by Mike & Jan Vieyra. Start time is 6:30 pm (due to the early sunset this time of year.)
Mike and Jan have courses ranging from 3 to 6 miles available, so all are welcome. The address is 6674 Otten Ct, Fairview.
And the new TNRL site – here’s hoping it works well.